How loud do you play your Music?

Mmm, seeing as all volume measurments are different on individual cars, ill have to settle for "inconsideratly loud". so long as the quality of the speakers is up to scratch, sounds naff otherwise.

i have it crazy loud, but turn it dwn when i'm coming up to park, as i don't want my car broken into and knicked, my car already stands out without having to slap theives in the face with the sound system i have

LOUD, d&b/dubstep is pointless listening to without at least 2kw of subwoofer.

AC/DC can never be loud enough unless you are already deaf.

AC/DC Excellent choice ez64, In December 1989, US forces attempting to smoke Panamanian dictator General Noriega out of hiding played AC/DC's Back in Black at ear-splitting volume until he finally surrendered.

Quote After failed diplomatic pressure on Panama and the Panaman dictator President Bush deployed his troops to capture Noriega. It was at the Nunciatura that the General seeked refuge from the army. The US troops surrounded the building and in an attempt to force the dictator out they played rock music constantly. It is believed that some of the rock music used included much of AC/DC's back catalogue.

When Metalica - Whiskey in a Jar or Whithin Temptation - What have you done, comes on the volume has to go atleast 20 no matter whos in the car, after that it might go down, depending on if i hit REPEAT or not lol

Volume doesnt bother any of my passengers, they're all metalheads anyway, they love it. usually its me having to turn it down.

Gotta admit i tend to wrench the volume dial right to the top when ever some of the old metallica comes on, the first two chords of "whisky in the jar" blew the speakers on the old setup out, they sounded terrible after that, thank goodness i was replacing them anyway. in a way its incredibly embarassing, to the outside world me and my mates must look like a hardcore version of "waynes world" -the back seats are like a miniture rave :embarrest:

How loud do you play your music then? A difficult one to quantify but lets say if you pull up outside your house, how many neighbours can hear what you are playing?

I tend to crank the volume up when I go for a fun drive but for serious commuting I keep the radio volume down a bit more.

Most times, I down the volume as I enter my street, sometimes i may even provide audio entertainment for up to 84 families, if u ask.........;)

When i'm on the motorway I have my music on loud because that's how i like to listen to my music and I'm not disturbing anyone, but when I'm arround crowded/residencial areas then it tend to turn it down a bit and the same just before I get home.

When I have passengers, doesn't matter where I'm driving I keep the volume low so we can have a plesent conversation. The thing I hate the most is when the driver of the car has to turn to look at the passenger in the front seat to talk to them. IT IS NOT NEEDED!!! KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE "BLEEPING" ROAD!!!!

When i'm on the motorway I have my music on loud because that's how i like to listen to my music and I'm not disturbing anyone, but when I'm arround crowded/residencial areas then it tend to turn it down a bit and the same just before I get home.

Same here, if I'm on the motorway and Tool is in the CD player it'll be on loud, but to be honest, especially if it's later at night, if I hear a car on our estate that's blasting out music I just think tosser.

Yeah same here, but to be fair I don't hear many people doing it these days, and even when I play my music loud I keep my windows shut so it isn't as ofensive,

I'm a fan of Tool as well, The pot and Vicaious are there best songs...

Cool.

I did like 10,000 days but probably my favourite song is Sober.

If you haven't already you should try Mammal, they have some similarities to Tool, although I have to say I've never really heard another band quite like Tool.

I play my music really load on the motorway/bypass because that's how i like to listen to my music and I'm not disturbing anyone, but when I'm arround crowded/residencial areas then i tend to turn it down a bit and the same just before I get home.
Load means which install i have in at the time.
1 x amp powering 1 x 12" sealed = 130db.
1 x amp powering 2 x 12" ported = 145.8 db.
Soon to be 1 amp powering 2 x 12" ported 150+ db.
Shout if you need to PM me pmsl.

If it's Manowar it has to be 'louder than hell'

My little girl loves a bit of manowar metal. My chuffin sister in law who is stil obsessed with being trendy at the age of 40 keeps trying to get her to like some godawful rnb 'band'. Ash firmly refuses and tells her she likes metal. This makes me very proud. (;->

Don't really use the car hifi much tbh. The BMW factory system is nothing special at all, it has 'one-note-bass' syndrome and the CD changer takes about 3 weeks to swap discs.

Even the P.406, which had the JBL / Harman-Kardon factory setup was rarely used apart from Radio 4 (yes, it's my age).

I do my intensive (and loud) listening at home with proper hifi gear - most of the gear over 25 years old apart from some new cables here and there.

I listen a lot of the time on a set of AKG studio grade monitor cans (headphones) in order maintain some civility between me and the house two miles up the road!! :)

on a nice summers day when the ladys are not wearing much i well... kinda want a sencond glance ;) ill have it loud enough just so the rear view mirror and side mirror start to vibrate usually playing some lil wayne or the boss snoop dogg

Play it loud, tell everyone what your favourite music is. Also have a loud exhaust so all my neighbours know im leaving at 6am!

I don't like load exhaust's cos you can't hear the engine note! You can stick a loud exhaust on any piece of poo & far to many people do.

Listen too an M5 or a V8 audi or an Austin, they're not loud & annoying but they sound Great!

Last edited by a moderator:
an austin would that be an 1100 or an allegro

Think you might mean aston :embarrest:

As for the sounds for me cars are for driving and the exhaust note of a tuned engine is better than any sounds system and I do like music

But a car system cant compete with a proper Hi fi set up anyway - and if you think it can then youve never heard a proper system.

As for the sounds for me cars are for driving and the exhaust note of a tuned engine is better than any sounds system and I do like music

That's the point I was trying to make. If you have a nice sounding engine, then by all means lets hear it. I you have 1.6 astra, corsa, ect I say keep the bloody silencers ON it or keep the engine switched off! Co's I for one don't want to hear that.

Friend of mine has a diesel astra with a cannon on it, who in hell want's to hear that?

I yes, I did mean Aston!