K-Pro questions Please Help :)

WhiteNoise

Tuner
Car
Honda DC5
I am getting k-pro or k-100 whatever is best for stock and just have a few questions if someone could please help me?

What sought of tune shoudl i get done. Obviouslyi want it faster but i dont wantto be going out and buying internals for my car after a year, i still want the stock motor to last a lifetime. i am aware that mods will effect the life of an engine but still would like toknow please.

As mentioned i still want power and more straight line speed. I dont want any other mods for the car a tune will do me thanks :)

I spoke to Croydon Racing in Saltwater in Sydney and they gave me the price but i didnt have time to ask much more. I emailed him last night just before i put this thread up so hopefully find out some information soon.

Cheers mate. i know its only going on a stock motor but should make a load of difference from what i hear. I just want it so i dont have to worry about my motor blowing up though, lol, i dont want it tuned too high but definitiley want more acceleration out of it :)

Spoke to the guys, the other guy got it wrong. He reckons i should get haltek computer plus tune is about $2,800 at most and will take a day. He said;
improve mid and high range torque
smoother, faster acceleration
better fuel economy
vtec kicks and runs harder
earlier vtec engage

overall about a 10-15% increase in overall power.

wont harm engine at all just depends how you drive it which is true.

Thoughts, opinions, ideas?

That's a lot of money imo (at current exchange rates that's around £1800). I'd be interested to see what figures they think it'll produce because could probably just tune the engine for the same gain. For example a 4-1 manifold will increase mid to top end torque and add around 5 bhp. VTEC can be controlled using a VTEC controller instead.

Just something to think about.

How much is the unit itself and how much are they charging for the map?

That's a lot of money imo (at current exchange rates that's around £1800). I'd be interested to see what figures they think it'll produce because could probably just tune the engine for the same gain. For example a 4-1 manifold will increase mid to top end torque and add around 5 bhp. VTEC can be controlled using a VTEC controller instead.

Just something to think about.

How much is the unit itself and how much are they charging for the map?

They say the unit is about $1900 AUD and tuning is about $1000 AUD. He says its the best thing to do for a N/A stockcar but he said DC5 is also a tricky car to tune as it is already very highly tuned.
They are a reputable company here in oz and have a few world record cars around the world, so they know there stuff.
4-2-1 headers and rims are on the cards for sure as are some new rims and a tune.
What else could you recommend?

They say the unit is about $1900 AUD and tuning is about $1000 AUD. He says its the best thing to do for a N/A stockcar but he said DC5 is also a tricky car to tune as it is already very highly tuned.
They are a reputable company here in oz and have a few world record cars around the world, so they know there stuff.
4-2-1 headers and rims are on the cards for sure as are some new rims and a tune.
What else could you recommend?

4-2-1 headers will help low down torque. If you're planning anything performance mods (i.e. engine work) then leave the ECU until last.

I would get some decent suspension on, but I understand you have difficulties with that over there.

4-2-1 headers will help low down torque. If you're planning anything performance mods (i.e. engine work) then leave the ECU until last.

I would get some decent suspension on, but I understand you have difficulties with that over there.

I know its only 5hp gain but would i feel much in torque off the start? would it be a noticable? i dont want it to scream noise wise though, cops over here are dogs about loud cars.

As for suspension here in NSW in Oz ,our ride can never be lower than 100mm at all times, that includes when its loaded, so sometimes i feel like am driving a 4wd, lol.

I know its only 5hp gain but would i feel much in torque off the start? would it be a noticable? i dont want it to scream noise wise though, cops over here are dogs about loud cars.

As for suspension here in NSW in Oz ,our ride can never be lower than 100mm at all times, that includes when its loaded, so sometimes i feel like am driving a 4wd, lol.

You should feel an improved throttle response mainly. If you do track days or want to do them I would fit coilovers and then adjust them when you need to.