Astra H 1.9 CDTI SRI 150 Remap advice

Agp

Car
Astra CDTI 1.9 2008
Hey all

just wondering if i could seek some advice from u in terms or what remaps are around and which ones give the best results iv looked at the regal one and a few others they say that they can get the remap up to the 200bhp mark and increase the economy aswell . so if anyone has any experience with these chips and what effect it has on the economy :)

thanks in advance

Andy

Howdo. Mpg goes up with a remap when you are cruising. However with a diesel remap it's very easy to go beyond the capacity of the standard clutch, so you either need to upgrade or go for a less aggressive map. Less aggressive doesnt have to mean it's not worth it though, with a moderate remap mine went from 130 to 170-bhp and 220 to 290lbft, but as my clutch is only rated to 300lbft I didnt go for the more aggressive remap.

With a diesel, IMO, if you are having no other mods a generic remap is fine, if you're thinking of doing any breathing or exhaust mods, it's worth doing the remap after and getting a custom. Dont feck about with tuning boxes or those stupid 20 quid ebay resistors.

Your engine will be generically mappable up to around 180/190bhp easy.

ahhh ok so is the standard clutch only good for 300lbft ? i was only looking at doing the remap to start then probs some wheels . yeah looking around everyone seems avoid boxes . i just wanna keep/ improve the economy with the amount of miles i do with work but when i need to toe it i got abit poke :)

ahhh ok so is the standard clutch only good for 300lbft ? i was only looking at doing the remap to start then probs some wheels . yeah looking around everyone seems avoid boxes . i just wanna keep/ improve the economy with the amount of miles i do with work but when i need to toe it i got abit poke :)

Dunno what yours is rated for bud, google it I guess.

It's definitely worth doing though, for the relatively small cost involved you get huge gains.

The Regal remap is a generic remap from EDS in Germany, if you can afford to then buy the IPF unit as well, which then gives you access to more maps via the internet and you can chop and change between maps as you please. I was down Regal a few weeks back with a mate who had his Zafira remapped, great service and very knowledgable group of people :)

I have had a tuning box from DTUK on my Astra from the day I bought it (around 2 years ago) and previous to that I had one on my Vectra. I have recently decided to sell the tuning box and go for a full custom remap next week with a Company in Nottinghamshire.

The box on my car has given 190 bhp on one RR and lately ran 184.9 bhp on another, the torque was 300 lb/ft

MPG is currently sat at 55.8 mpg which has been 3 trips to Leicester and back with the remaing drive around Birmingham.

I have had a tuning box from DTUK on my Astra from the day I bought it (around 2 years ago) and previous to that I had one on my Vectra. I have recently decided to sell the tuning box and go for a full custom remap next week with a Company in Nottinghamshire.

Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars My Friend! :)

Let us know how you get on with the custom remap from the new company, any kind of feedback you can give us is as always greatly appreciated by other TC members.

Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars My Friend! :)

Let us know how you get on with the custom remap from the new company, any kind of feedback you can give us is as always greatly appreciated by other TC members.

Cheers, will update next Wednesday (possibly Thursday as will be busy playing lol)

Any update on this? Im considering doing the same.

A local tuning company down here managed 140kw and 380nm (not sure what that is in hp or ft/lbs) on a stock z19dth engine, a 27% increase in power and 18.75% increase in torque.

Celtic tuning have beat that. Dont have figures for that though.

Pity our local celtic tuning dealer is 1200km away form my house:lol:

Car is running 206 BHP and 331 lb/Ft of Torque after remap, the same guy has a Zafira running 221 BHP stock.

Any update on this? Im considering doing the same.

A local tuning company down here managed 140kw and 380nm (not sure what that is in hp or ft/lbs) on a stock z19dth engine, a 27% increase in power and 18.75% increase in torque.

Celtic tuning have beat that. Dont have figures for that though.

Pity our local celtic tuning dealer is 1200km away form my house:lol:

Celtic Tuning beats anything on paper. I personally would not go near them. Your local tuner has certainly done a better job with more realistic figures. !40kw is around 190bhp, which I would not want to exceed as long term trouble will be on the way.

When increasing the power and torque to those figures is it only the standard clutch that will give problems? Or are there other parts to keep in mind as well?

The problems you might encounter is slowly killing the turbo seals with too much unburnt fuel. If you constantly driving on the limit with a much higher power/torque (than the re-map to 190bhp/320lb ft) the drive train can suffer too.

If you wish to see more power/torque than 190bhp/320lb ft with the same turbo, it will be necessary to improve the air intake and other parts the further you want to go.

The problems you might encounter is slowly killing the turbo seals with too much unburnt fuel. If you constantly driving on the limit with a much higher power/torque (than the re-map to 190bhp/320lb ft) the drive train can suffer too.

If you wish to see more power/torque than 190bhp/320lb ft with the same turbo, it will be necessary to improve the air intake and other parts the further you want to go.

Thanks for the advice. I shall take it step by step and see how it goes. 190bhp and 320lb ft is enough for me for now.

Celtic Tuning beats anything on paper. I personally would not go near them. Your local tuner has certainly done a better job with more realistic figures. !40kw is around 190bhp, which I would not want to exceed as long term trouble will be on the way.

Had mine done at Celtic Tuning in Belfast. 212bhp and about 325lbft torque on rolling road. I have uprated solid flywheel and carbon kevlar clutch - I think the torque would kill a standard clutch and the dual mass flywheel is very unreliable. Amazing for overtaking!! Has 150,000km on the clock (got it done at about 100,000km) and still no problems