307 HDI 110 low boost level

rd070707

Tuner
Car
Peugeot 307
Hi guys I have a 2002 307 2 litre 110 hdi . I have had a few problems with the car since i bought it which led me to remove the dpf and have it removed from the ecu. After I did that I had turbo problems which i recently resolved but soldering a broken wire to the turbo electrovalve. Now the car has no antipollution fault and is no longer in limp mode but I still feel it is underpowered.

What can I check now that could be lowering the boost?
Or will the car just need time to clear out with driving?
I was considering a remap but want to wait until I know the car is running 100%. Any suggestions?

Agreed. Don't remap until you have the engine operating properly.

You could try disconnecting the battery for an hour or so to clear the ECU's short term learning data.

Do you think that would help considering i have no fault on peugeot planet?
I can imagine it could be a loost connection or a hose clip or something?

It's worth a go because it's free. If it was an electrical connection you'd have a Anti-pollution fault up.

A loose hose would probably whistle loudly but it's not out of the question.

yea il try disconnecting the battery. The car is very reeky when revved so im guessing is very blocked as the turbo has not worked due to the car being in limp mode for a long time

it might smoke a wee bit at low revs but it'll smoke heavily between 3000-5000 revs. i guessed this was because limp mode restricted this for so long?

Have you checked your air filter? If this is clogged it will restrict the air flow possibly causing it to smoke?

Not sure what else to suggest. Give it a good run to really increase the engine and exhaust temperatures and see if it clears out

it drives very average for what it is. The car boosts in lower gear but the in 3rd to 5th there isnt much response

after the air filter and before the turbo (between them). you should see a plug somewhere in the hose . thats the maf.
other thing i can think is the egr valve dirty and not closing properly?
can you check if boosting levels are normal on the 3rd to 5th gears?

could you clean the sensor or would it just need replaced? would a faulty sensor not throw up a fault code on pp2000 (diag)? and about the egr - the car does idle a bit rough at the start which i think is a symptom of a dirty egr or am i wrong?

Could be something. get it cleaned then blanked off to stop it happening again. It should improve power too, because it will stop exhaust gas being recirculated, which is only good for reducing emissions

some say the maf can be cleaned but the results are next to no good.
a faulty sensor should send a fault , but there is a chance of not doing it yet...
can the diagnostic tool check the egr cycle on your car? rough idle is one symptom yes.
you can either blanke the egr as Jakeymd said or clean it.

I have been considering blanking it anyway when i get the remap done but would i need to check and clean it first?

well my gut instinct would tell me the lack of boost would be coming from a pipe split or clip, or something like the sensor messing up. The turbo solenoid valve could be blocked? I fixed the cable to this valve which clearly wasnt functioning until I soldered the connection to it, so could it be blocked up?

wich year is your car? the turbo is a vnt ?
best option as i said is to check the turbo pressure with the diag. tool if this is possible.

well my gut instinct would tell me the lack of boost would be coming from a pipe split or clip, or something like the sensor messing up. The turbo solenoid valve could be blocked? I fixed the cable to this valve which clearly wasnt functioning until I soldered the connection to it, so could it be blocked up?

When are you able to check if the turbo solenoid valve is blocked?

wich year is your car? the turbo is a vnt ?
best option as i said is to check the turbo pressure with the diag. tool if this is possible.

its 2002. i could get the turbo pressure checked on peugeot planet but what would that tell me?

get the diag. tool pluged in and go for a drive with someone having a look at the pressure gauge. check if pressure is good and steady.

Well worth cleaning. A bit of methylated spirit or isopropanol works very well.

thanks HDi, I had the car out a drive today, it improves after a few minutes but at lower revs it really struggles and only really give anything around 3000 revs. MPG average on the trip is still down at 29 .1 :confused:

have you checked the boost level ?
i still bet on the egr, or turbo geometry not working properly.

no i havent pedro getting that done tomorrow. Im pretty sure the turbo is kicking in but its definately lacking, especially at low revs

you might have the vnt stuck on the " fully open" position. it makes sense ... you said you drove the car for some time on "limp mode"... too much deposits on the turbine might be the problem.
ence the low revs lack of power... but remeber this is speculation from my side , i'm not a mechanic , far from be one ! i'm just a "curious" guy ! :D
let us know what you find