engine mode for my 206 GTI

pug206

Wrench Pro
Car
pug 206 GTI
hi i got a 206 GTI (138BHP) i want more BHP what do i need to do to it to get about 200BHP without spending stupid amout of money on it

I have the grand tourisme version same bhp its totally standard i was going to start with the exaust and filter and maybe remap it .With such a small body i recon that it would be a fast car with those done ,.Im also going to lower it just 25mm all round but the back has a torchen bar .

Torsion bars are good and rubbish at the same time. They offer infinate adjustment to the rear ride hieght but can be awkward to get right. Lots of trail and error before its right.

To get 200hp out of the GTI you will either have to go turbo or get some throttle bodies, neither of which is cheap.

In this instance I would say no.... The gti 136 is actually easier to tune, and you can get more power out of it (not talking gains I'm talking final result)

Not really, you'd have to spend the same amount of money on a 180 to get it to 200 hp,

A remap and an exhaust won't yield 200 hp on the 180, even cams you'd be lucky,

I'd personally stick with the 136 and get some ITB's theres 190 hp straight away, then some cams theres 200 hp.

Not really, you'd have to spend the same amount of money on a 180 to get it to 200 hp,

A remap and an exhaust won't yield 200 hp on the 180, even cams you'd be lucky,

I'd personally stick with the 136 and get some ITB's theres 190 hp straight away, then some cams theres 200 hp.

Seriously you can get another 60 brake with throttle bodies? Mind you I suppose sorting the intake properly is what makes 2 litre engines like the gti 180, or clio 200, give out so much horsepower.

TBs are expensive tho, why not turbo it, even turbo a 180?

Hi. I am finding this thread very interesting because i have the same car. Mine has about 170HP without remap, coz i dont have enough money now to buy VEMS which i want in my car.
Here r the changes on mine:
1. cams from 405
2. intake from 405
3. racing exhaust manifold
4. new injectors and RC fuel pump
5. ignition phase moved a bit

DYNO showed 167 HP

Hi. I am finding this thread very interesting because i have the same car. Mine has about 170HP without remap, coz i dont have enough money now to buy VEMS which i want in my car.
1. cams from 405
2. intake from 405

DYNO showed 167 HP

Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars! :)

1. cams from 405
2. intake from 405

DYNO showed 167 HP

Curious, which 405 engine would that be?

i do not know exactly but thats what i was told when i bought the car. i dont know is it 405 (i think it is) or 406 engine. it was almost 4 years ago so i forgot :p

Yes, was going to say, probably from a late model 2.2 I suspect, the 2.0 was an XU10 block and the 2.2 is an EW12, the 206 gti uses and EW block engine so ita going to be a 2.2, even if the 2.0 cams fitted then they wouldn't be an upgrade due to the fact that I produces the same power, in which case the gti6 cams would be a much better choice,

I don't doubt for a minute that your engine produces 167hp, and entirely feasible power output given the upgrades, however don't you get the feeling that's the power output it should have? How much torque does it have?

Also forgot to say that itbs would be the next best step for a power upgrade, I've seen engine produce 190hp and 170lbft on itbs standard cams and a tubular exhaust manifold and full exhaust (with sports cat rather than decat to pass MOT) so 200 hp is easily possible, go for either 42 mm or 45mm throttles any more would be a waste,

While itbs are a good upgrade there are expensive, you're looking at £2000 for a good setup, 8 injector setups are best so your idle quality will remain unchanged and also your fuel economy won't be badly affected.

Yes, was going to say, probably from a late model 2.2 I suspect, the 2.0 was an XU10 block and the 2.2 is an EW12, the 206 gti uses and EW block engine so ita going to be a 2.2, even if the 2.0 cams fitted then they wouldn't be an upgrade due to the fact that I produces the same power, in which case the gti6 cams would be a much better choice,

I don't doubt for a minute that your engine produces 167hp, and entirely feasible power output given the upgrades, however don't you get the feeling that's the power output it should have? How much torque does it have?

thats the correct answer. i remember now. 2.2 406 engine it is.

i think that i got 180Nm of torque. but remember that it is not remaped and that sucks. next what i am going to do is give some engine head a modification and valve fittings mods so it should give 5-10% more power to it.

PS. sorry for my bad english

i dunno :)
thats why i am here, to discus :p

btw any of u heard of modding it with jenvey manifold and hayabusa throttles? they can be found very cheap on ebay...

what do you guys think of it?

Would work, but you'd need to mate them together some how, also you would need a new ECU, something from the likes of DTA or Emerald etc,

Unless you know how to fab it all yourself then I would suggest just buying a kit.

Would work, but you'd need to mate them together some how, also you would need a new ECU, something from the likes of DTA or Emerald etc,

Unless you know how to fab it all yourself then I would suggest just buying a kit.
Jenvey manifold and hayabusa throtles fit perfectly. I found that project a year ago somewhere on the internet. I will put a new ecu in my car. I decided for VEMS.
Is it possible to remap original ECU?

What engine 405

1. cams from 405
2. intake from 405

DYNO showed 167 HP