electric superchargers

A

axel

hi

has enyybody fitted an electric supercharger? if so are they any good.
cheers

hmmm... the graphs look impressive, but what will it be like in normal road use... wheel spins and clutch slip a plenty if it can shove that much torque that quick...

Not these bloody things again. Don't. It's like trying to inflate a balloon with a desk fan. At best your car will perform exactly as it always does.

Worse, you'll wind up with the engine's vacuum sucking in broken plastic fan blades which will do serious damage to the internals

Yes, seen this before as I am a fan of Autospeed. Cost will be a tad more than the eBay scam items though :) but at least it should work.

As am I,

I have read about those VTES systems and they look very impressive, I hope we are able to buy them in the aftermarket, I did enquire a while ago to CPS if they were for sale currently, they said they weren't currently selling them to the trade/manufactures yet so they weren't going to sell one to me.

well things have moved on (2017) and borg warner is developing an electric supercharger but I wrote to them( i'm an author ) and Mercedes Benz, has first dibs so it will be some time before they are a consumer item! ( I have a photo but these dumb forum rules won't let me post it! ADMIN -please change that it's nonsensical ! as a picture is worth a thousand words !) as for what we can do? I'm going to see about adopting/adapting the newly adjustable vane turbo fr the new Porsche 718 4 cyl to my Saab viggen the engine size and type (4 cyl ) is similar -2,3l -Saab and 2.6 l Porsche the Agt turbos offer a dramatically wider powerband !decent boost at low, much better at medium and a bit more , no less at high rpm much less lag less of the rubber band type powerband ! WIN! WIN! ( i have the part # and am hoping to get one from a wreck in the next year so stay tuned! I seek not just a bigger turbo but a Smarter turbo! FYI, the first production car to have an AGT turbo was ..... drum roll..... the Dodge Shelby 1984–1986 Dodge Omni GLH ! it used Vacum control of the wastegate !( the size was too small for optimum ! ) - nowadays we could use electronics ! regards, Neil

Hi viggen, thanks for the post sir. As for the forum rules that you think are “nonsensical!” Never happening! That particular rule is there to discourage spammers who plague this forum with an awful lot of dangerous nonsense, you would not believe how much rubbish our ‘Admin team’ have to intercept as well as our automated protection system. Sounds like a great project the manufacturers have going there, and I am sure once completed it will work and work well; unlike those kits you can buy from eBay for $20. If you hear of an advancement before we do, please let us know the latest good sir

yea ok I understand your position I'll edit the post and add the photo I have when I'm allowed ! the electric turbo scammer kits are old news and it is surprising that people couldn't see they would never work! it's like those 20- 60$ "tuning chips " we helped a district Atty prosecute one of those scammers ( Always pay w/ a credit card then you can get your $ back) and if paying by pay pal ? have them send YOU an invoice and pay ' for goods and services " it costs 2.9% more ( you have to pay that ) but if it's a scam ? you get your $ back ! if you send $ "to friends and family"? it's a gift and you are screwed! NO recourse! stay safe! regards, Neil

You should be ok for posting pics now you've passed the 10 post probationary limit and thanks for understanding. It's always the few spammers that spoil it for the majority but thankfully we manage to keep them out and maintain this site as a useful resource.