Xado engine treatment - any good?

T9 man

TC ModFather
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
Well I was surfing the net at silly o 'clock this morning as you do, and I came across this website for a range of engine treatments to help your engine to be cleaner and to perform better.

Now usually when I see such things I think to myself Redex and walk away BUT this one has been tested and approved by the German TUV and ticks the right boxes with other institutions also ;)

http://www.xado.co.uk/engine_treatment_oil_additives.htm

The car has done 90k now so I was wondering whether I should make an investment! has anyone heard of these products or better still recommend them? what do you all think?

I'd steer well clear of anything that claims to bond to metal in the engine.

I don't share your opinion of Redex though - it has been proven to be quite good at maintaining cleaner injectors but you have to use it in much stronger doses than it says on the label.

I'd steer well clear of anything that claims to bond to metal in the engine.

I don't share your opinion of Redex though - it has been proven to be quite good at maintaining cleaner injectors but you have to use it in much stronger doses than it says on the label.

Not me per se! but on a few forums and blogs that I have read, there seems to be more negative than positive comments about Redex! :)

Thanks for the advice HDi

I still don't think it does much to be honest. Quality fuel has got to be a better option.

Well nothing less than Shell V goes into the baby unless off course I run low and am far away from home so BP Utimate goes in instead ;)

Did not know that petrol does this kind of cleaning thing also :embarrest:

BP Ultimate does claim to have a detergent pack but it's very pricey for a 97RON fuel. TBH even the standard 95RON stuff will have cleaning additives as well. The exception The stuff my BMW really likes is Shell's Fuelsave - just the ordinary 05RON stuff.

On the additives front the Forte fuel additives are reckoned to be very good. I'd still avoid oil additives, with a flushing additive perhaps being an exception.

BG products does a couple of high concentrate cleaning additives BG44K for petrol and BK244 for diesel. These are reckoned to be very effective.

I think you two are too young to have reaped the benefit of Redex :) Back in the days when petrol was not as good as it is today and engines needed regular de-cokes, Redex helped. I agree that it probably makes very little difference in today's engines.

I think you two are too young to have reaped the benefit of Redex :) Back in the days when petrol was not as good as it is today and engines needed regular de-cokes, Redex helped. I agree that it probably makes very little difference in today's engines.

Nice to know that on the doorstep of 48 years old, I am considered to be a young one! :lol:

Blimey OG!! just how old are you? I thought it was just a term of endearment when people referred to you as grandad! :amazed: :bigsmile:

Fortunately, I am not a grandad yet :)

Biological age - 57
Mental age - 17, until I look in a mirror or climb stairs.

Blimey, is that all? I had you down as approaching 80. :lol:

Which of course, you are, in much the same way that I am approaching 80. :lol:

Just that you have 23 years to go before you get there, and I have 39. :lol:

Blimey, is that all? I had you down as approaching 80. :lol:

Which of course, you are, in much the same way that I am approaching 80. :lol:

Just that you have 23 years to go before you get there, and I have 39. :lol:

Thanks, and I was just beginning to like you again............:)

Her Indoors thinks that I was born old!!! apparently, I am wonderfully old fashioned!! bang goes my street cred! :bigsmile: