Projects & WIPs

This is for all projects and work in progress threads. Keep us informed of your latest plans and problems.
As promised here are pictures of my not very much tuned Ibiza. One month ago it was like this: Then I instaled this: That is Koni sport schocks and Platimex -40mm springs. Very pleased with it. If someone would like to read it I could make some kind of review after some more miles. After instaling it looked like this: Looks like wheel spacers would do justice for visual apearance? Yes! It would: And one picture of work place: P.S. How come I can not make all pics big like those two in a midle? Can someone help with sugestion?
Ive been asked to start a thread about my Cosworth engine. Im aware this is not a Ford site & that it may be a big turn off to many. Best start with the engine that will be replaced. It was Dynoed on the Norris Designs Dyno in December 2008 the aim was to produce a genuine 800bhp road engine. Big Power is easy just Big everything & a 1000bhp is available but one look at the curve of such engines show no Power below 6k & completely un drivable on the road. Great drag engine though. To this aim ports were kept at 600bhp levels & the exhaust cam also kept mild. To get the geometry right for high revs the rods are 8mm longer & the pin moved in the new short skirt pistons. We upped CR from 7.2 : 1 to a completely un heard of 8.5:1...
Didnt realise the photos i had taken were quite so bad so will get somemore when an next over but here is the current WIP. Rear arches need done again but like the classic Sunbeam shape. This shell is actually on a modified Sierra 4x4 floor plan, shortened. Full 4wd with Cosworth Engine (courtesy of a Sierra). Despite the massive gap at the arches it is lowered all round on Konis but has not been adjusted as its better to keep it high for moving around. Ashley competition exhaust, caged, seam welded, was rally spec until they changed the rules. Not quite running right due to dodgy fuel pump. Road legal - if we bothered taxing it. These photos were just taken as it was out the garage - needed a wash but it wasnt dry enough.
Hi all im hoping this thread well get loads of attention as regards to how I should start my project old school ford dragster it would be cool to see plenty of debates as well to get the perfect pointers im going to start from scratch with the chassis so need to no if I should be using alloy or steel and box or tubular for my first attempt im not aiming for a ten second car butt may be 13/15 second car would be nice butt im thinking engine and suspension would only be a ten k budget so ill take what seconds I can get this time the car shell I would like old school ford butt that will come to light in the next month or two I will add moee thaughts to this as they come to mind butt for now I look forward to hereing what u guys...
I am currently running a 1.0 corsa, its slow, my next car is hopefully going to be a 1.8 focus which im going to go mad on with mods, including a turbo if possible, and heres my question, obviously it is possible to turbo the car but what problems would i encounter and how would i fix them, i know how to fit the turbo but i wouldnt know how to fix any problems that crop up due to it, the focus will most likely be the very first 'style' (98 to 04 i think) if that helps. Any help/advice would be a big help thks
a few people are asking to see the progress on the OAP stylee trampdrifter so figured id oblige! its a 92 Vaux carlton 2.0 (122BHP) GL model at the moment, if it proves reliable enough and doesnt get destroyed first time i take it on the track ill be looking for a 3.0 24V lump to throw in... not really all that much to report as yet as have been far too busy with the other half, but here's what we've got so far..... this is it when i got it (swap for an old dvd headunit!) 105k on the clocks, running sweet as a nut, had leaky diff to be looked at at some pint, nothing major so i thought.... only bits of rust i could find were: both rear arches rusted away underneath door shuts, small bit of rust in spare wheel well bung. thats...
Here's the spec list:- here is the spec about my supra toyota supra 3.0 non turbo manual import 650 clifford alarm and immobiliser full leather interoior racing streering wheel front bumex bumper veilside side skirts veilside rear sparts veilside rear spoiler digital fast & furious graphics on either side man with sword on the bonnet with logos on the rear window a twin turbo engine digital graphic all of these were done professionally 12 years protection and removable the car has been lowered 40mm 18inch deepdash rs5 alloys the size of the alloys are 9.0j on rear and 8.5j on the front 275/40/18 tyres on the rear ferral and 245/40/18 on front with goodyear backbox stainless steel exhaust 5inch tail- pipe with...
I figured I'll make an official thread about this since I'll probably be taking massive amounts of photos of it anyways. Some of you will recall I mentioned in my introductory thread, that I mentioned having a 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 with bent valves that I had planned to rebuild. The problem turned out to be the crankshaft position sensor and timing belt tensioner, which in turn bent the valves. Whether I kept the car was in jeopardy as I got a 2004 Saturn Ion coupe to drive around in. After a while, I decided the car was too sentimental to part with and that I'd rebuild it. I just ordered a set of LQ1 heads (off a 1992 Lumina Z34) from Matt (GOT2B GM of w-body.com). This is the first purchase towards getting the car...
My father bought me this as a daily driver when my Monte Carlo bent the valves (and also heavily urging me to get rid of the Monte). I call this Project Tupperware because it's a common nickname for Saturns here, due to the plastic dent-resistant body panels. My aunt even asked if I had to burp the sunroof when getting into it XD. A little background info on Saturn for you Europeans since they're North American Market only. Saturn was a project started by GM in the early 1980's. GM wanted to show they could make a high quality small car to take down the Japanese imports... something they weren't known for. The project started in 1982 as "Project Saturn". At the time it was just a code-name for the project. In 1985, GM Announced Saturn...
Well, i first saw this car way back in March, but didnt have the rather OTT money that was being asked for it (£3750). Fast forward to last month and i saw the car back up for sale at £2800.... Had an impulse moment and offered him my Corrado VR6 for it in a straight swap. Few emails and pictures etc exchanged, and a deal was arranged. When i first arrived to pick her up, she had no sideskirts on, the front arches were in white primer,and she had half an Audi S3 black leather an blue alcantara interior bodged in there. YUCK! I popped the bonnet and was immediately very disappointed in the general state of the engine bay. Surface rust everywhere, flaky paint on just about everything in there, wrong radiator fitted, lots...
Well i now have bought myself a bargin! I have a Xsara 2.0 Vts! for £650 Already go stuck in to it Free K&N From A Friend Stripped evrything out bar dash so it can be flocked/ painted red and black colour scheme, also i know the colour is horrible so i will be doing some prep work smoothing it all down and priming it then getting it done this is a project with a friend so the costs will split, however i will still be the owner/ driver
Well I'm not sure it's really a wip but I thought I'd let you all know how things are going so far. Since buying the car just before Christmas she's had a fair bit of cash spent on her. First the Cam belts & the water pump have been changed, the cambelts are supposed to be changed at 60,000 miles or after 6 years if memory serves me right, the MG was on 55,000 when I bought & the previous owner had never had the belts changed. It's just as well I got the job done because one of the belt tensioners was found to be damaged. Also a grumbly near side front wheel bearing was replaced at the same time, but there was still a rumbling noise coming from the rear. The guys who done the cambelts said the tyres may be to blame. So today she...
Hey folks, So as some of you know, the old trusty died a horrible death by choking on its own internals. It's replacement is this! A 2005 MG ZR 105 trophy +. Handles superbly, has a pretty quick 2nd gear and is overall tons of fun! FSH, 33,000 miles and one lady owner from new. A picture after a proper clean! Sorry about the brother, bit of an eye sore... :lol: Couple outside the missus's house. Wheels have a little kerbing Future plans include a turbo conversion, either a ZT-T 1.8 or a T16. Needs some lowering badly and a favorite in the MGZR community seems to be Avo lowering springs. Hopefully to entice me over until conversion day, it will get either TF135 Cams, vernier pullies and a remap with a full stainless...
well here we go some updates of my car all comments welcome i am aware i still need to laquer the roof and boot i also removed the rear blade and motor, fitting my old dvd player this weekend, till i can afford a fullscreen touchscreen dvd player rear bumper is on way so i will be posting as soon as its fitted next two buys are some rear led stye lights and a speaker package hope you pics now rotated lol
Ok guys here she is, my new ride..... 2000 VW Type 4 2.5 Transporter LWB Intercooled She has a couple of minor problems that dont affect her in any way driving wise, but unless rectfied in the near future, will do! Im on it in the next two weeks, so no exciting updates at the mo, just mechanicals. On the plus side, i paid approx £1600 LESS than market value, and the work needing doing will only cost me about £650 all in. so still almost a grand cheaper than it shoulda been after the works been done!
So i posted earlier my new car well I've already made some small adaptations to it i will keep all my pictures and posts in this Thread to show you So I'll keep this simple this mod cost me £9.99 from halfords I'm going to add more tomorrow to the bodywork but as you can see its covered up the hideous Plate marks from the previous owner! Before: After: makes the car look so much nicer and so much less faded with a bit of T cut and a Viper Sticker Will Post tommorow when i add 2 more smaller stripes either side of it
Okay, so I still have my Mk4 Astra lying around and decided at the weekend that I'd love to try a few track days with it. It doesn't have to be road legal as I will be putting it on a trailer. It only has a 1.6 engine but I'm not after serious performance just yet, just a bit of good fun. I'll probably strip it out to make it lighter and seem a bit more serious and exciting to the driver. Maybe in time I'll probably carry out a few modifications, might start with simple power gains. And maybe move onto improved suspension for a better feel. It's all about the experience with this car, I won't be racing anyone so the more fun I can have, the better. If anyone has any ideas for it to improve the experience or has any...
I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense as I've whipped it straight from another forum. I've been extremely quiet on this forum lately as I've been on PC2. So here goes; Ok, I got the car in April 2008, picked it up for £3,500 with one previous Lady owner. The car itself was in full working order apart from one of the washer jet hoses having a slight split in it, which caused a fault with one of the electronic fuel injectors by dripping water onto it. So first things first was to have that sorted. After that, you could tell the previous owner never really took any care for the way the car looked, scuffed wheels, dented doors, small scratches and never a polish since it left the show room! So first things first was Window...
Hi guys. Have not been on for a while but i confirm that i dont have the crx anymore. I swapped it for a clio sport 172. This has a a back box and air filter only. Any other ideas on what i can do to make this faster taking into account that where i live there is no place to do a remap. Thanks nathan
hi all, my names sam, im 19, and own a 1988 mini jetblack, which i use for mini shows and trackdays, ive done hill climbing, and am planning on having a go at dragracing :P. at the moment its got a 1293cc, with a fairly lairy cam, race spec cylinder head, straight cut drop gears, twin carbs, 3.65 fd, 10row oil cooler. suspension wise, spax adjustables all round, adjustable ride height all round, heavy duty adjustable tierods, adjustable bottom arms. 12" revolution wheels, with yokohama a539 tyres. brakes are 8.4" disc, with grooved and crossdrilled discs, yellow stuff brake pads. heres a pic in an industrial estate i use to play in a pic of me playing around on test hill my ground clearence between the sump guard and...
My mitsi chariot was given the last rights recently as it sadly needed just too much work for the MOT. This meant I needed something to move things around . I was going to get a sunny pick up but prices have gone insane so i looked at a kei truck. Not known or driven much outside Japan where they are everywhere they are literally as it sounds - A baby pick up truck . Most are only around 660cc but are suprisingly nimble as they re so small. .Sold in the UK as bedford rascals with basic spec - usually auto or 4 speed manual and 2WD Of course like most JDM cars the Japanese top spec is way different especially on older models whichl were smaller, lighter and better built.. So I started the search for such a "beast" and eventually found...
Hi all, Thought you might like to see our latest hillclimb project, the world first Smart City Coupe with a 2 ltr MR2 engine and box (as far as we know). It's up and running and should be out on the Midland hills next year. http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Pitcheroak/Devil?authkey=KoXejGki4gs# Cheers Pam and Jim
A few more mods .............well havnt touched the car for 3 weeks :sad2: Its now got a different front - finally got hold of the nismo grille to go with the body kit . and a larger bore rear box I could only get a 5 inch :bigsmile: Rewired the F con - The 4wd now working properly . Changed the air/fuel map a bit as the high boost is down slightly now at 1.5 bar . Power is just over 500bhp with 440 ft lbs of torque . That is at the hubs Max Tourque now come in at around 4500 rpm and does not really tail off till over 6000 rpm Inerior is slightly different now but will post some pics once I ve taken them.
Hello People Just thought i would add what i'm working on, just copied and pasted from another forum (to lazy to type it all out again :embarrest:) I bought the GTO Twin Tubby a couple of weeks ago with the intention of fix and sell, but after just having a drive and the misses telling me to keep it as a toy, how could i resist. This is how i bought it: And these are the problems i'm facing that i have found so far: This has just been sort out While i was doing the belts i found this: I still have to drill out this pin for the crank pulley: Once i've got these bits sorted its going in for an MOT and then the modding than begin :mrgreen: Also the SRS light is on, its stuck in Sports mode, and the thrust bearing sounds...
Ok guys, here is my beautiful 3 stud Saxo progress thread. Got her in September for £700 with 12 months MOT, 6 months tax and 3 months warrenty. I did stickerbomb the fuel filler cap, the glovebox (I still have both) and my wing mirrors but I took them off cause they looked poor after about 3 days in the rain. Thats how she stayed until 2 weeks ago when I finally managed to spend a little bit of money on her. She was off the road for 2 weeks due to the ECU locking me out so its good to finally be able to drive her again. I managed to pick up some 3 stud alloys with Toyo Proxis for £50 on eBay, which I thought was a bargin and I think they suit the car. I have now also painted all badges and the chevrons black, got a new Sax-P...
Heres mine :) It's a 55 plate Saab 9-3 v6 Aero, ive had it just under 2 years now, haven't really touched it in the last 12 months but plan to get back at it this year (ive been a bit lazy compared to my old cars!) Here it was the day I collected it, completely standard. I dropped it off with the Saab garage same day for an oil change and fresh plugs ready for the remap booked for a couple days later Interior is pretty nice with grey leather & light grey leather inserts, dash is bit plasticky tbh but still a nice place to sit. Leagues ahead of my other Saabs for comfort & refinement.....but that Audio....terrible!! I've been in a few new shape 9-3's and all have sounded pretty bad. This has the full 13 speaker system and...
trying to lose as much as poss plus around 220+ bhp,am i no hurry and keep changing my mind so hear goes. door locks have gone and door /boot rubber seals + side windows that was just over 15kg's hope to get the rear window out today should be good for 10kg's. looks like a 2.0 mondao engine is going in place of the 14. and she will be 4wheel drive, rad will be in the back . were the rear side windows was may make some air ducks/scoops to flow air to the rad and then out the rear window. doors welded up.spare tyer well will be cut out and a sheet of ally in place. may only have the 1 drivers seat to keep weight down.power steering rack can come out today that should save a bit more
Hey everyone i'm Tom and im 19 I own a Rover 25 1.1 16v 80BHP (my first car) i have owned it for about 2 years now and put alot of time into getting it looking good. This is how I got it- As it stand now- Spec: ZR grille, fog lights, colour coded bump strips, ZR suspension setup, flat wipers, ZR Aerial, BRM 16' alloy wheels, Pirelli P Zero performance tyres, Alloy tax disc holder, Colour coded mirrors, Owners club stickers, alarm & alarm activated tracker, hidden battery cut off, push start button, imoboliser, Colour coded spoiler, ZR160 Exhaust in high temp paint, de-restricted airbox with K&N pannel filter, metal throttle body, colour coded boot handle, 6X9's, DVD head unit, Richbrook gear knob and red gaiter, arm rest with...
Well after a phone call to see where my exhaust was :sad2: i decided i might as well get the valance on the car. so much for a ruddy 10 minute job took about an hour to get done. supposed to just be a case of undo a couple of bolts pull off and push new one on. ok bolts off and tryed to give it a pull. nothing ended up having to remove the whole rear bumper to get it off. new one didnt line up properly thinking i may have been given a golf one rather than a bora one (will check part numbers later) had to take the hacksaw to some of the groves to make them 1/4" longer to get them in ohh well parts on front one is now in the dining room ready for primer the tailpipes now looking rather sorry for themselves hopefully...
Hello everybody! It has been long time since my last post but now everything is set up to continue with my project I wrote about 2 years ago. It is going about rallycross racing buggy - very similar to Race of champions (ROC) buggy just with much more power and semi slicks. Also races will be very similar, I will race on SS asphalt stages in same class as Rally cars like Škoda S2000, EVO IX class F, WRC and so on ... So far we made 2.0 turbo engine with 290bhp and 520nm fitted on Audi S4 4WD gearbox modded to 2WD only, so buggy has RWD. But now we have problems with setting it up. Car has good cornering entrance but very bad exit because of open differential. We plan to put anti roll bar on front to stick rear tires on...
Ok...here is my project. R11 turbo. I bought it an year and the half ago. At first it was in horrible condition, but it worked. There was rust all all over the place. Exhaust pipe was only memory (there was more rust than metal). Exhaust manifold was broken, cranckshaft bearing were in bad shape etc... car was in awful condition.
Awrighty everyone, im converting my little p reg 1.6 306 into a 306 1.9Gti rudeboy!, i know there are faster and easier engines to fit but i have a 1.9Gti from a 205 sitting with a fancy bottom end (my mate had it as a track car and spent a few pounds on it) so its the one for me. ive posted in a few other threads (sorry to the few people reading all this again) and have found out i need shafts, hubs, brakes, back axle and maybe subframe from a xu engined 306, im on that just now. Anyone any ideas on my engine electrics? and what about my keycode immobiliser?
Small change of plan.... Just got this baddy home... So the plan is now somewhat different, as described by one simple picture... More about the spec of the Coupe tomorrow as I'm knackered and need a shower. Bodywork is a state and semi-prepped for a respray but then that's not what I'm interested in. All I will say is that the CG Motorsport clutch is rated to 265ft/lbs, and it slips on high boost. :p
Picked up this last night as I need another steed whilst I wait for the insurance company to stop faffing around and make me an offer :blink: 2 previous owner's, 98k on the clock but standard (for the moment) except a DV, filter and smoked side repeaters. In really good nick for the age apart from rust on the drivers front wing: However, I'm picking up another wing from Sheffield next week.
Ok, this is gonna be a diary of mods with step by steps of how i done them ect a few other forums do them and they are always good reads i havent done anything as of yet but i have a few pics. Ok, so what i have planned is a nice set of 17" black rims tinted windows light sound system upgraded brakes as the brakes are crap maybe an induction kit and a nice sounding exhaust. all very light mods im purly going for style as it is a 1.1 so i have no false hopes of power haha just want to make it nice inside. I may also strech to steal a GTi spoiler and leather bucket seats if they fit.
Huge welcomes from Cold and Windy Copenhagen :) Project is not mine, however since i am very much into mechanics and cars in overall (which is why we all are gavered here :D ) since i have my personal "Car Detailing" shop and pasion to cars, i am intorucing You a project of one of My friends. He is using My garrage now to work on with a car, and once it is technicaly ready i will get my fingers stuck onto it's bodywork (washing, claying, polishing wellm and getting a proper looks for it). What's more as an info, advices and certain upgrades were provided by one of this kind best car "tuning" specialist who prepares rally cars for the tracks. Currently cars weight is 800kg. In plans there are still 100kg to drop. Carburators are off...
Well well well..... here we are again! I still have the Transporter ( not much changed yet though, still waiting on LMK getting engine back in an sorted!) But have also started buying/selling/breaking cars again.... First off was a mk2 golf 16v which cost me peanuts, new fuel pump, couple panels and a polish and she's awaiting collection from her new owner, and im awaiting a healthy profit :) Then i picked up another 2 mk2 golf 16vs in a nice rare colour ( Helious blue :) ), originally i was going to put them both back on the road and make a rather large profit, but then i decided i wanted another toy.... So 1 is going back on the road, and the other one is my new project car. She's a 1989 3 dr Helios blue small bumper 16v...

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back