Projects & WIPs

This is for all projects and work in progress threads. Keep us informed of your latest plans and problems.
Hi all, I bought this car quite a while ago. Originally I got the car as my Civic was involved in an accident and I needed something to get me from A to B, but wanted something that would hold it's value. I travelled to Peterborough one very snowy evening to check the car and it was fine (mechanically) so I lowered the seller to £1200 and drove it away that night. After owning the BMW for a while I decided to keep it instead of the Civic. I've quietly started my project over the last month or so and decided to share it with everyone on here. It's not the most powerful car in the world but right now it fits the bill perfectly. The previous owner's work wasn't the best so I have to correct scratches, rust and the awful back...
new to the site, what a great place enjoyed reading a lot of the information my currant ride is a nissan skyline R33 GTST, were currently finnishing an engine rebuild in the old girl but heres the spec and a couple of pics at the end spec Engine Spec spec RB30 vl commodore 3ltr block. skimmed and crack tested new sleeves core plugs etc RB25 2.5ltr 24 valve twin cam head, gas flow and ported and matched and skimmed knife edged ports Weisco custom made forged Pistons, Crower billet custom made con rods, Nitrided & knife edged crank olished & rotation assembly balanced, billet allie crank with atached 32 tooth dry sump pully 280 degree 10.8mm lift tomie inlet gtr camshafts 270 degree 10.25mm lift tomie exhaust...
Well here's the replacement for the MG ZS, she's a 1995 UK spec 1.8iS 5 with a confirmed 69,000 miles on the clock, 2 lady owners the last being a MX-5 OC member from new & full service history from new including all the receipts & MOT's. The sills have been repaired in the past but have been done to a good standard. The paint work is good for a 17 year old car but could do with a little tidy up although I am thinking of a respray in Honda pearl white. I love the OEM wheels & they are in good nick but I will get them refurbed this winter. Some quick pics... Engine the right way round & proper wheel drive. :amuse: Sticker on the slam panel confirms cam belt was done 2010 at 67,000 miles. Full tool kit...
Picked up this last night as I need another steed whilst I wait for the insurance company to stop faffing around and make me an offer :blink: 2 previous owner's, 98k on the clock but standard (for the moment) except a DV, filter and smoked side repeaters. In really good nick for the age apart from rust on the drivers front wing: However, I'm picking up another wing from Sheffield next week.
i was originally planning selling the leon but after doing an online valuation and looking on autotrader my car has dropped in value by a £1000 within a year :amazed: plus the £3000+ i have spent on it so i have decided im keeping her and going the full hog and making her even better engine wise i am with the performance at the moment but in the future the next step would be a turbo upgrade but this wont happen for a long time yet so im going to be looking at spending my money on looks and handling this is what im aiming for on the front i have received the light eyebrows just waiting for the grills to turn up then will decide about the lower splitter then its of to a mate of a mate for colour coding and judging from my mates car...
Introduction As this is going to be quite a big ongoing project, I thought I may as well get a project thread up for those interested. The car was taken off the road about 10 months ago as I have two cars so only used it as a weekend car anyway. I have plenty of experience from a young age from working on several mates cars and projects and that of my old man. This, however, is my first big project completely on my own. How the car stands The car was nearly standard when I got it. It now stands completely stripped weighing 910 kgs and running about 180bhp at 18psi. A GT of the same spec as mine with full interior can run a 14.5 flat quarter mile on crap tyres. So est. low 14's for mine. Bodywork needs attention but is standard...
Okay, so I still have my Mk4 Astra lying around and decided at the weekend that I'd love to try a few track days with it. It doesn't have to be road legal as I will be putting it on a trailer. It only has a 1.6 engine but I'm not after serious performance just yet, just a bit of good fun. I'll probably strip it out to make it lighter and seem a bit more serious and exciting to the driver. Maybe in time I'll probably carry out a few modifications, might start with simple power gains. And maybe move onto improved suspension for a better feel. It's all about the experience with this car, I won't be racing anyone so the more fun I can have, the better. If anyone has any ideas for it to improve the experience or has any...
Heres mine :) It's a 55 plate Saab 9-3 v6 Aero, ive had it just under 2 years now, haven't really touched it in the last 12 months but plan to get back at it this year (ive been a bit lazy compared to my old cars!) Here it was the day I collected it, completely standard. I dropped it off with the Saab garage same day for an oil change and fresh plugs ready for the remap booked for a couple days later Interior is pretty nice with grey leather & light grey leather inserts, dash is bit plasticky tbh but still a nice place to sit. Leagues ahead of my other Saabs for comfort & refinement.....but that Audio....terrible!! I've been in a few new shape 9-3's and all have sounded pretty bad. This has the full 13 speaker system and...
My father bought me this as a daily driver when my Monte Carlo bent the valves (and also heavily urging me to get rid of the Monte). I call this Project Tupperware because it's a common nickname for Saturns here, due to the plastic dent-resistant body panels. My aunt even asked if I had to burp the sunroof when getting into it XD. A little background info on Saturn for you Europeans since they're North American Market only. Saturn was a project started by GM in the early 1980's. GM wanted to show they could make a high quality small car to take down the Japanese imports... something they weren't known for. The project started in 1982 as "Project Saturn". At the time it was just a code-name for the project. In 1985, GM Announced Saturn...
Well looks like the cammed V6 idea is going out of the window. I can't justify the amount of money needed to get anything decent out of them. Not as tunable as other V6 I've had in the past so I'm afraid it has to go.... ...to be replaced by a 250bhp T16 engine with front mounted intercooler, all pipework and ancillaries, custom loom, garrett t25 with a t28 very soon after, uprated drive shafts and modified mountings. I will be using Rover 420 T16 none turbo engine stabilizers and fitting them to the ZS subframes rather than using the Rover Coupe ones which aren't as strong, and don't want to mess with the handling of the ZS by using crapper parts. The conversion is coming out of an MG ZR so half the conversion is already done, just...
Hey all, Right... I have been a member almost a year now and none of you have seen my 'Ride', well that's about to change... I am sure your thinking... " Why is starting a project thread? He hasn't passed his test! " I haven't, no. But I can't see why that should stop me? I'd mainly like to cover a few bits and bobs, mainly cosmetic at the moment. Eventually when I do pass, I'll start the tuning. Okay... So here she is
As promised here are pictures of my not very much tuned Ibiza. One month ago it was like this: Then I instaled this: That is Koni sport schocks and Platimex -40mm springs. Very pleased with it. If someone would like to read it I could make some kind of review after some more miles. After instaling it looked like this: Looks like wheel spacers would do justice for visual apearance? Yes! It would: And one picture of work place: P.S. How come I can not make all pics big like those two in a midle? Can someone help with sugestion?
Hey folks, So as some of you know, the old trusty died a horrible death by choking on its own internals. It's replacement is this! A 2005 MG ZR 105 trophy +. Handles superbly, has a pretty quick 2nd gear and is overall tons of fun! FSH, 33,000 miles and one lady owner from new. A picture after a proper clean! Sorry about the brother, bit of an eye sore... :lol: Couple outside the missus's house. Wheels have a little kerbing Future plans include a turbo conversion, either a ZT-T 1.8 or a T16. Needs some lowering badly and a favorite in the MGZR community seems to be Avo lowering springs. Hopefully to entice me over until conversion day, it will get either TF135 Cams, vernier pullies and a remap with a full stainless...
OK thought id better get this started seeing as the bora has now gone to car heaven only one pic of the car the now as not had the time or the weather to get the car properly cleaned up 1 2009 VRS TDI CR. decided to go with the newer CR engine rather than the older PD engines as there seem to be more issues with the DPF on the PD engines as they produce too much smoke and were never designed to run alongside the DPF. there was also the good old injector issues as with the 1.9 PD engine - for those who dont know the 2nd pump in the PD engines is the injector itself. some work needs done so as its still under warranty then its going into skoda next friday to get looked at. central locking within the car doesnt work...
I thought I would post up details of my other project. Basically I am restoring an early 32GTR back to completely original spec that is exactly as it came out of the factory. The car is a 1991 32GTR . Its main clain to fame is that it is in the rarest nissan factory colour . The code is BLO and it was a special order only. It is a quite a strange pearlescent and can look grey, steel blue or even lilac in different lights. I imported in from japan 2 or 3 years ago with the intention in having something different .......... a stock GTR It seemed quite close to stock and only needed - suspension , air filters , exhaust and a few minor other things or so I thought.................
This is a direct copy and paste from another forum. It is the complete project so far of the UK's only super legnum VR4 in red. And so it begins: May 28th 2010 is where it all started, when i took ownership of what was to become the best love story ever told :love: A girl and her car. Yup thats right my new toy/project has now landed on my drive way, and oh boy do i have my work cut out for me on this baby! It is a 1998 Super Legnum VR4. Like a standard VR4, i has the twin turbos, AYC and full time 4WD, so yes it will be a thursty gal! it is a far cry from my V6 Galant, but hey, time change and we all need to move on, though i think im now suffering "shell shock" from what i have just gone and done!:huh...
Hi there guy's. I have thought it time I started my own thread now rather than keep jumping into other peoples with questions. Alot of you will know my planns. Upgrade Cams Adjustable Cam pullies Larger Turbo housing Remap Carbon Front splitter Carbon Exhaust guard Spark cover (either AMS metal or carbon) The cams are more or less settled. Either Brian Crower 268's or HKS 264's, im just waiting on the price difference. The pullies are going to have to be pipers as they are the only preformance part I can find a pair for for less than £200 The turbo housing is on the cards. Just need to decide if there is a difference between wither one of these...
Hey guys, it's been a while since I've been online here. I've spent all my time on a Fiero forum, they've been awesome help. I'm also posting this build there, so everyone can see it. I know most of you guys live in England, so you don't have Fiero's there, but this is one helluva project for me (It's my first project car, engine swap, brake job, and restoration ever). You may also be interested since the whole project is being kept a secret from my parents, and I am only making minimum wage so this is quite a balancing act. I'll post some pics in a little bit, but I really want feedback.
Small change of plan.... Just got this baddy home... So the plan is now somewhat different, as described by one simple picture... More about the spec of the Coupe tomorrow as I'm knackered and need a shower. Bodywork is a state and semi-prepped for a respray but then that's not what I'm interested in. All I will say is that the CG Motorsport clutch is rated to 265ft/lbs, and it slips on high boost. :p
CHECK THA SHIZ!!!!! ok pics not too good :) ill get some in the day light tomorrow :D it actually is surprisingly quick! anyway down to buisness! no mods atm! gettin some black angel eyes for bday - just seen that they are in production rear LED Techno lights 18" alloys Full exhaust system Induction kit (k+n) bodykit Brake Upgrades Full Susp Kit Gearbox Upgrade Then hopfully this time ish next year a big engine dump!!\ its ace to drive, the engine sound ace, exhaust doesnt though :) so ill get that done first, but i have to give 700 quid to my mum first though :( oh th insurance was only an extra 9 quid :lol: for the full year! i hope this thread is as popular as the last :) P.S. could you...
Well well well..... here we are again! I still have the Transporter ( not much changed yet though, still waiting on LMK getting engine back in an sorted!) But have also started buying/selling/breaking cars again.... First off was a mk2 golf 16v which cost me peanuts, new fuel pump, couple panels and a polish and she's awaiting collection from her new owner, and im awaiting a healthy profit :) Then i picked up another 2 mk2 golf 16vs in a nice rare colour ( Helious blue :) ), originally i was going to put them both back on the road and make a rather large profit, but then i decided i wanted another toy.... So 1 is going back on the road, and the other one is my new project car. She's a 1989 3 dr Helios blue small bumper 16v...
I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense as I've whipped it straight from another forum. I've been extremely quiet on this forum lately as I've been on PC2. So here goes; Ok, I got the car in April 2008, picked it up for £3,500 with one previous Lady owner. The car itself was in full working order apart from one of the washer jet hoses having a slight split in it, which caused a fault with one of the electronic fuel injectors by dripping water onto it. So first things first was to have that sorted. After that, you could tell the previous owner never really took any care for the way the car looked, scuffed wheels, dented doors, small scratches and never a polish since it left the show room! So first things first was Window...
hello all, bare with me on this as i tend to go off on a tangent and get giddy with the camera:|, will get as much info in as possible, and reason behind the pics taken, might just help some of you out one day :shock:or you may just help me out by pointing out the mistakes i make:oops:. everything that i post is basically what im learning as i go as i have never worked on or been inside a subaru in my life until i bought this one. so illl do the best i can.:???:, ill get the pics up in between working, doing a bit on the car( with the little daylight i have left each day after work), researching modification options:mrgreen: and being dad to my kids:shock:.
Well, what can I say... I think Petar has a thing for pugs lol. So far theres a 205 CJ cabby that is having the beasty Mi16 engine fitted into along with all suspension, looms, box, bumpers, brakes, interior etc. Then theres the 205 diesel which the Mi16 is coming out of. Then theres the cool rare 205 Rallye which is havin gthe original engine rebuilt and having twin 40 carbs fitted with roll cage, coil overs, pug sport straight through exhaust plus loads more. Oh and last but not least the latest addition, the 306 Cabby which is having the engine replaced with a 306 S16 engine (the later 2.016v) with a 306 GTi6 6 speed gearbox, Mi16 wheels, suspension brakes etc. So good couple of projects going on here. I have a few piccies of the...
Ok guys here she is, my new ride..... 2000 VW Type 4 2.5 Transporter LWB Intercooled She has a couple of minor problems that dont affect her in any way driving wise, but unless rectfied in the near future, will do! Im on it in the next two weeks, so no exciting updates at the mo, just mechanicals. On the plus side, i paid approx £1600 LESS than market value, and the work needing doing will only cost me about £650 all in. so still almost a grand cheaper than it shoulda been after the works been done!
Ok so as you know i got rid of the 16v Corrado, got sick of it looking tatty and me not having the cash to throw at it (and not particularly wanting to!) so a few deals were done and i ended up with this beauty: She's a 1994 on an L reg. 2.9 VR6 :) Full black heated leathers. Gorgeous condition throughout. Relatively standard; lowered 40mm on koni shocks and springs 6 branch stainless steel exhaust manifold ported inlet manifold JR induction kit 1.3 mm 6 core HT leads (HUGE!) im going to be going OEM+ style with this one, its such a nice car, and lets be honest, Corrados didnt half look good from the factory! So here's all iv done so far: Swapped the JR induction kit for a K&N one added a...
This picture of the radiator grille and surround gives a clue to the standard of build that I am hoping to achieve. I found to my surprise that the original radiator was in very good condition. I have to say I was impressed with it's construction which is entirely from brass and copper. I think it could be fairly described as a work of art. The grille, however required a lot of fettling and chrome plating which I handed over to Derby Platers. They are excellent but expensive. The emblem was damaged and being black and white was for a later car anyway. I was incredibly fortunate in finding a perfect 1949 MG emblem.
Thought this would be the best place for this, so here goes. This was my car when I first bought her a few years ago and this was after her first 'facelift' She now, however, looks like this Interior is stripped out apart from the dash She's having some body mods done, including de locking, shaved door handles and a few other things. Her new colour scheme will be green and black. Here's my engine bits ready to go on her Got the strut braces done too. They all have rainbow shimmer in them so look pretty cool when the sun hits I've also just had the wheels back From standard silver to They are all powder coated so the engine bits should happily cope with the engine bay heat as they were baked at 200C...
Ive the car 3 months now and finally i can start my build thread When i first brought it First job was to remove resonator box just behind the wheel arch You can see the 4 small holes they where the only things letting air flow into the filter Then i put on my new wheels could probably do with a refurb but are loads better than what was on They have loads of tread 3 are brigestone so2 and one avon alone these must be more than what i actually paid for them Now the car is 100 times better these wheels look great and im very pleased with them My next job was change the dump valve managed to get a blitz one cheap no there was no need to take the old recirc one off which you can see just above the blitz i...
This is how the car started life with me. Standard except for exhaust and air filter Here’s a little moving of the car many moons ago. At the time she 297BHP http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/gbboldej/Skyline/?action=view&current=MOV01162.flv http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/gbboldej/Skyline/?action=view&current=MOV01160.flv Currently running 337BHP with 322lbs of torque but I do have plans for a big turbo conversion and the aim is 500BHP. I use her on track so I am not going to nuts with it as I want it to be drivable out of the bends. Apologies for the pictures they aren’t that great and I am trying to find a pro photographer who can get me some decent ones sorted so watch this space. Here is the spec but I...
This is my 2001 Volkswagen GTI 20V 1.8T 5 Speed Manual. I bought this car in September 2011 from another Volkswagen enthusiast who had this car tuned for his wife, who really did not need or want anything more than an average car to transport herself to and from work. She really disliked the fact that it was so low, and pushed her husband to sell it and buy her an average sedan and leave it the hell alone. The car came with the following mods: Shaved head Supposedly bored over to 2.0, though some folks disagree and I have not yet inspected the cylinder walls APR diverter valve Eurojet airlines K&N filter & short ram intake / Neuspeed heat shield Remapped ECU to compensate for the said mods FK Silverline coilovers - lowered to 1.25''...
I've bought another motor and here she is..... Isn't to everyones taste but I think it's brill :) It's a 1994 Peugeot 205 Mardi Gras 1.8 Turbo Diesel, yes it is the turbo and not the weedy non turbo.... What else is there to tell I hear your say.... Well... It's metallic green and It has: Electric windows, power steering, romote central locking, and thats about it.... Ooooo it does have a starter button!?!?! That rubber thing is infact the very button, and you can only start that car by using that button, turning the key to start it does nothing!
Hi guys. Been a while lol ;) But from a request or 2 I am popping up a build thread of my Vectra GSi. Now for those that know me will know I am a Vauxhall man at heart. Had a couple of scoobies but never again! lol. Plus, i'm a buggar for not being able to resist a bit of modding. This time is no exception and is probably the furtherst I have ever taken a V6 engine and i'm not quite finished yet hehe. There are 3 main things left but will list those later in the post. After getting fed up of the last Subaru costing a fortune to run, I decided to go back to Vauxhall and as I was using the Scooby to part ex, the ball was in my court for being able to find a special one. Didn't take me long to settle for an ex-press car (1 of 9...
Well I'm not sure it's really a wip but I thought I'd let you all know how things are going so far. Since buying the car just before Christmas she's had a fair bit of cash spent on her. First the Cam belts & the water pump have been changed, the cambelts are supposed to be changed at 60,000 miles or after 6 years if memory serves me right, the MG was on 55,000 when I bought & the previous owner had never had the belts changed. It's just as well I got the job done because one of the belt tensioners was found to be damaged. Also a grumbly near side front wheel bearing was replaced at the same time, but there was still a rumbling noise coming from the rear. The guys who done the cambelts said the tyres may be to blame. So today she...
trying to lose as much as poss plus around 220+ bhp,am i no hurry and keep changing my mind so hear goes. door locks have gone and door /boot rubber seals + side windows that was just over 15kg's hope to get the rear window out today should be good for 10kg's. looks like a 2.0 mondao engine is going in place of the 14. and she will be 4wheel drive, rad will be in the back . were the rear side windows was may make some air ducks/scoops to flow air to the rad and then out the rear window. doors welded up.spare tyer well will be cut out and a sheet of ally in place. may only have the 1 drivers seat to keep weight down.power steering rack can come out today that should save a bit more

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back