Projects & WIPs

This is for all projects and work in progress threads. Keep us informed of your latest plans and problems.
This picture of the radiator grille and surround gives a clue to the standard of build that I am hoping to achieve. I found to my surprise that the original radiator was in very good condition. I have to say I was impressed with it's construction which is entirely from brass and copper. I think it could be fairly described as a work of art. The grille, however required a lot of fettling and chrome plating which I handed over to Derby Platers. They are excellent but expensive. The emblem was damaged and being black and white was for a later car anyway. I was incredibly fortunate in finding a perfect 1949 MG emblem.
Ok so i finally picked this baby up, haven't stopped driving it since thursday :) Spec: 225BHP 1.8 turbo BAM Full stainless steel exhaust Ap racing coilovers 18 x 9 bbs ch reps in gold with custom red bbs center caps Misano red pearl Late spec quattro sport grille V6 rear spoiler V6 rear bumper valance Red reverse lights Clear side repeaters Aero wipers Unmarked original Audi heated red leather Upgraded audi factory head unit with Bose speakers Pics: So, first things on the list.... Front bumper and bonnet are going to be repainted due to some lacquer peel from stone chips which i feel is really letting the car down. Once this is done i will have the car fully paint corrected to remove all imperfections and give it...
About two years into the project thus far. (Cannot upload pix or link here yet, am very new, but many thanks @obi_waynne , for the invite to post this.) Negative ion generators are lately quite common in air conditioners, air cleaners, and other devices; these charge millions of air molecules negatively, and the results are helpful in a few ways. The most proven ways are "clumping" of dust particles for filtration efficiency and destruction of many aromatic esters (a.k.a. unpleasant smells), but many people have been more or less unscientifically claiming health benefits, due to the "invigoration" one feels of negatively charged air after a thunderstorm. Anyway, I used these things to destinkify an unpleasant basement for a few...
Hey guys, here's a little pictorial of my most recent project. A T-bucket with a supercharged BMW V8. Speedway motors '23 standard fiberglass body and a repro '32 Ford grill: Speedway motors bare T frame: Mid 70's Jaguar independent rear end: Rear wheels, American Racing VN502 15" x 10" with M&H 30" x 14.5" (12" tread) cheater slicks with tubes. Front axle, Spindles, GM disc brakes, split wishbone radius arms, 15"x5" wheels with Firestone F560 165/80 tires: Next post, Engine build:
Hey guys, just a quick update on the Fabia : Brembo Supermax discs have now been fitted front and rear along with the matching Supermax pads, at the same time Goodrich stainless braided hoses were fitted and Brake fluid changed. Braking is now intense. June 29th sees the making of a new Turbo back exhaust, made by Tony Banks in Leeds, this will be 65 mm pipework, a 200 cell cat a resonator and muffler. June 30th sees the girl hitting the rolling road at JBS car designs in Chesterfield for a full custom remap (stage 2) hoping for around 155 to 160 hp. Following this at the earliest opportunity I will have vents fitted into the bonnet to allow some of the extra heat out, and the calipers need painting, later some attention to a couple...
Everything was working fine when I bought this car three years ago. Upon further inspection it was revealed the car had been in an accident. I had a body shop pull the damaged area and after that the horn, headlights, and wipers would not work. The car has been sitting in my garage ever since. Has anyone had this problem or know what I should look for? The damage was to the drivers side front by the tire and window washer reservoir.
My mitsi chariot was given the last rights recently as it sadly needed just too much work for the MOT. This meant I needed something to move things around . I was going to get a sunny pick up but prices have gone insane so i looked at a kei truck. Not known or driven much outside Japan where they are everywhere they are literally as it sounds - A baby pick up truck . Most are only around 660cc but are suprisingly nimble as they re so small. .Sold in the UK as bedford rascals with basic spec - usually auto or 4 speed manual and 2WD Of course like most JDM cars the Japanese top spec is way different especially on older models whichl were smaller, lighter and better built.. So I started the search for such a "beast" and eventually found...
So here I am again with another project. The last time it was a Post Apocalyptic Chrysler that exploded immediately after passing an MOT. And this time it is a 206 (That I swore I would keep nice) However, it passed an MOT and lasted more then a week... so now I'm most likely going to bugger it up. The car in question is a 2002 Peugeot 206 CC 2.0l. (Yes it is a hairdressers car, but I do cut my own hair... so :p ) I intend to try a Cyberpunk style as I really like the aesthetic of it all. Not quite sure how to go about it just yet. Anyhoo, I will keep you all updated as I inevitably mess up a perfectly functioning car. |B
This is my latest purchase. I bought it off eBay.de (Germany) and imported it myself. First time I’ve done this but it was worth it as you can probably see. So the car is a standard 1.3CL model however it had only one former owner from new (who was a technician at Wolfsburg VW) who I bought it from. Plus the car come with full VW service history, two keys and the original receipt of sale from back in 1991 when it was purchased. Now this is embarrassing, I’ve written my post but don’t know how to upload the pictures ..........help..........please
After 4 years and X-amount of dosh spent, my pride and joy is finally finished. Again. Sort of. List of Modifications Completed; Engine/Drivetrain: M50 Manifold Tubular Headers 540i 3.5" MAF M50 Mid Section/328i Backbox 328i Pink Injectors ECU Remap, Custom Map to Suit Specific Engine Alterations ACS Throttle Body Delete Throttle Body Heater Delete CCV (Crank Case Ventilation) Delete, Crankcase Breather, Manifold Plugged, Dipstick Vent Plugged Eaton M45 Supercharger (to be replaced with M62 at later date) ,Intercooler, Custom Piping, Diverter Valve|BOV Hybrid (May change) Direnza 50mm Aluminium Radiator w/ 14" Switch Operated Puller Fan Suspension/Wheels: Stance+ Fully Adjustable Coilovers, With Standard e36 Top Mounts Custom X-Brace...
The contents of this Thread may cause Offence. Reader Discretion is Advised! So I had probably better start this thread by explaining what I'm doing with this car, why and what I've done so far. Atomic Gwen The reason for this name is a simple one. My number plate is AT-- GWE and this is a post apocalyptic build. So "Atomic Gwen" seemed to fit nicely. The Reason Behind the Build Since my Dad first sat me down to watch the original Mad Max film, I've been hooked on the Post Apocalyptic/ Wasteland aesthetic. Eventually I started building Rat Bikes and even came 4th and 5th in a custom build show with two that I had made. After some time building, I found out about a post apocalyptic festival in Buckinghamshire called...
I just realized I had mentioned this little truck in my Corvair post, but not really posted anything else about it. Here is how it was 4 years ago when I finally convinced the owner it was not getting any better as a lawn ornament. He said the original engine needed a timing chain and he couldn't find one, so he stored it in boxes and put a Suzuki engine in. While doing to he cut up the frame so badly that it couldn't stand on 4 wheels. It turned out that the original 998cc engine was totally rusted and missing a rod. I ordered a bunch of parts from the UK and an engine from Chile. After more than a year of waiting for the engine, I ended up buying another one, this time a used front end from Japan. I've detailed everything on my...
Finally finished my (first) project car! Got a full years MOT on Friday after some work on the brakes. List of Mods; Painted wheels black Painted calipers red (MightyMods style +25kW) 325/8i exhaust upgrade RamAir filter e36 Cabrio X Brace Vented Discs An abundance of stickers :) Got insurance lined up for it aswell (not easy for a 20 y/o guy!) Thanks for looking :)
So, I love my vehicle, but the Cockpit seems a little dated. I am going to upgrade and change the console to something more 2000'ish. I mean I am going to attempt to remanufacturer and update the metal, increase the room, and the like. I am also going to do a leather interior upgrade and considering the Cowhide embossed like Alligator Blue inserts for the seats... Let not forget the mention the Artificial Intelligence Head Unit with a HP VR Backpack G2 computer, as well....
As promised here are pictures of my not very much tuned Ibiza. One month ago it was like this: Then I instaled this: That is Koni sport schocks and Platimex -40mm springs. Very pleased with it. If someone would like to read it I could make some kind of review after some more miles. After instaling it looked like this: Looks like wheel spacers would do justice for visual apearance? Yes! It would: And one picture of work place: P.S. How come I can not make all pics big like those two in a midle? Can someone help with sugestion?
Hello friends, I am presenting my second Audi TT built. Main idea was to restore Audi TT MK2 body, replace whole default body kit with TT RS body kit. Second part will be tuning. I hope we will start in next two weeks, regarding we are still collecting all parts. So more about tuning will be very soon. Third part should be interior restoration. If you have any comment, please do not hesitate. I hope I will get maximum of support here, and for shore learn something.
Hey guys, This my project car that i have been working on for the last two years. Started out as a 1.4L which somehow didn't like me much so after that blew i sourced a 2.0L 8 valve from a 98 model opel 200is kadett. All was running well until i got bitten by the boost bug again and was offered a m62 eaton off of a merc c230 kompressor and some 6 months later the hooligan was born. I'm running at 9 psi boost unmapped with the 1.4L gearbox which gives most high end cars a run (power to weight ratio) till we run at distance and they go past on account of my short ratios.
not advertising a job just want some advice. I would like to make my Toyota corolla into a 10 second car yet still have a nice interior. I understand losing weight will most likely have to come into play and I'm not objecting to that. the most car work I have had to do to a car is change out the CV axles on a Honda Accord 1998. really have no clue as to where I need to start with this car. any and all advice is appreciated. car 2008 Toyota Corolla LE engine model is 1zz-fe 4 cylinder.
Well looks like the cammed V6 idea is going out of the window. I can't justify the amount of money needed to get anything decent out of them. Not as tunable as other V6 I've had in the past so I'm afraid it has to go.... ...to be replaced by a 250bhp T16 engine with front mounted intercooler, all pipework and ancillaries, custom loom, garrett t25 with a t28 very soon after, uprated drive shafts and modified mountings. I will be using Rover 420 T16 none turbo engine stabilizers and fitting them to the ZS subframes rather than using the Rover Coupe ones which aren't as strong, and don't want to mess with the handling of the ZS by using crapper parts. The conversion is coming out of an MG ZR so half the conversion is already done, just...
Hey guys. As promised I'm starting a thread on one of my other projects. This time it's a 1992 Mitsubishi GTO TT She is my first and most certainly not the last! As up until last week I had 5 of these, for my sins, 2 were NA auto and one of them got sold to a friend who is now discovering what an ass raping feels like good job it's only a NA! Back to J Tec. Im not sure how long i will have this car, if it has come to me for the dire TLC it was in need of to be then sold back on or if it is one that will stay in the ever growing collection of classic J-Tin. Either way, it is here with me and a step in the right direction. This long story starts back to around the last week or two of July 2015. Rob (my other half) was looking on a FB...
Heya folks, while I'm taking a break during a poor weather streak and awaiting for more parts to arrive. Here's a bit of progress on my daily driver E34. Found on craigslist, I wasn't necessarily looking for a BMW. But I did want a V8 & manual trans.. anything. Found this E34 540i that would crank but not fire. I checked it out, deemed it a neat little car, made a deal and towed it home. It was also riddled with fake ///M badges everywhere I promptly pulled all of those. But kept the M5 door sills, I kinda like those. After going round and round for a month, I finally found that the harmonic damper was installed clocked wrong. Assumingly done when a water pump was changed out. The crank trigger uses the damper for timing, so the...
Hey guys, it's been a long while since I've been on the forums. Last time I was here I asked you what direction I should take my car. You guys offered your suggestions and I've made my decisions. She's still a work in progress, but she's slowly getting closer to being done. Let me introduce my car, Project: FR-Sara. Current mod list: Jackson Racing Supercharger Setrab Oil cooler Invidia n1 exhaust Winjet headlights Valenti tail lights Enkei rpf1 18x9.5 (soon) Pics: Day 1 My first mod Her name Tail lights, tail lights on and some mountain driving Headlights put in Club sticker Lighting changes Supercharger kit in! Miscellaneous pictures
New Project has been going on and I hadn't been on the forum for a while so be indulgent! :P Bought a Brand spanking new Scion Frs in Juin 2015! As of this day and Mods will be updated when installed on first post: Installed Pieces Grand total spent: 2957$ ----Interior---- -LED Dome Light and Trunk Light ----Exterior---- -LED Plate Lights -Side Marker Leds Amber -Switchback Turn Signal LEDs Front -HID High/DRL Beam 6000k -HID Low Beam 6000k -Backlights turn signal MOD -Rally armor mud pads -BRZ OEM Wing -Window tint 85% back 65% side ----Suspension---- -TRD Lowering Springs -4 Wheel spacers 25MM all around ----Power---- ----Transmission---- ----Forced Induction----
Lancer 2003 ES ... planning on MAYBE converting it to a Semi Ralliart haha ^^ Current mods: 6000k HIDs Both front and back Strut bars K&N Short Ram intake Race Pedals Blue led Shift Knob Black Tinted Windows Mitsubishi Logo on BG Mags Futur Mods to come: Mazda 3 2010 Blue Paint ( or something like it ) Might also Paint some Dash peices Headers with race catalyst and 2.5-3'' pipeline Racing Car Seats Upgraded Injectors Light weight Flywheel Ceramic Twin clutch 1.8 gear ratio box Brembo Brakes ( Discs, Pads and Caliper ) ( if they fit :blink: ) Turbo etc. In head plan overall: Approx 250-300 hp & torque Range Convert with Turbo since Superchargers aren't made for that car to my concern And maybe...
This is a direct copy and paste from another forum. It is the complete project so far of the UK's only super legnum VR4 in red. And so it begins: May 28th 2010 is where it all started, when i took ownership of what was to become the best love story ever told :love: A girl and her car. Yup thats right my new toy/project has now landed on my drive way, and oh boy do i have my work cut out for me on this baby! It is a 1998 Super Legnum VR4. Like a standard VR4, i has the twin turbos, AYC and full time 4WD, so yes it will be a thursty gal! it is a far cry from my V6 Galant, but hey, time change and we all need to move on, though i think im now suffering "shell shock" from what i have just gone and done!:huh...
hi all, my names sam, im 19, and own a 1988 mini jetblack, which i use for mini shows and trackdays, ive done hill climbing, and am planning on having a go at dragracing :P. at the moment its got a 1293cc, with a fairly lairy cam, race spec cylinder head, straight cut drop gears, twin carbs, 3.65 fd, 10row oil cooler. suspension wise, spax adjustables all round, adjustable ride height all round, heavy duty adjustable tierods, adjustable bottom arms. 12" revolution wheels, with yokohama a539 tyres. brakes are 8.4" disc, with grooved and crossdrilled discs, yellow stuff brake pads. heres a pic in an industrial estate i use to play in a pic of me playing around on test hill my ground clearence between the sump guard and...
Ive been asked to start a thread about my Cosworth engine. Im aware this is not a Ford site & that it may be a big turn off to many. Best start with the engine that will be replaced. It was Dynoed on the Norris Designs Dyno in December 2008 the aim was to produce a genuine 800bhp road engine. Big Power is easy just Big everything & a 1000bhp is available but one look at the curve of such engines show no Power below 6k & completely un drivable on the road. Great drag engine though. To this aim ports were kept at 600bhp levels & the exhaust cam also kept mild. To get the geometry right for high revs the rods are 8mm longer & the pin moved in the new short skirt pistons. We upped CR from 7.2 : 1 to a completely un heard of 8.5:1...
Hi guy's. As i've come back from the dead and on here once again, I thought i'd also introduce my latest car. Shes a late 93 Version 1 STi (confirmed by my local Subaru Research garage after about 2 months of them checkin the vin plate lol) It's a full Jap import and so far has been tuned to 315bhp/333lb of torque. When I got it back in April it was quite standard other than having black, standard 16" wheels and a 2 piece newage spoiler with the top half being black, facelift bonnet, wings, grill and lights (basically a near full facelift front end conversion par the bumper which is still original) oh and also the 3 ", turbo back, straight through exhaust with 5" HKS back box. Since i've had it i've done:- -TD05...
Thinking of getting myself a ford focus 2.0 tdci zetec. Around 05/06. Firstly, is there anything i need to look out for when i'm veiwing (the cars in my price range have around 90-100k on the clock. Secondly, what can i do to mod the car. I want to keep it as my daily drive so i need to keep the drivability and economy. I'm unsure about what suspension mods i can do to it, anyone have any knowledge of this? After i've bought the car i'm going for a remap. Got a good price from Celtic (recommended by Paul) Are there any other engine mods that will give some decent power and torque gains?
Hi there guy's. I have thought it time I started my own thread now rather than keep jumping into other peoples with questions. Alot of you will know my planns. Upgrade Cams Adjustable Cam pullies Larger Turbo housing Remap Carbon Front splitter Carbon Exhaust guard Spark cover (either AMS metal or carbon) The cams are more or less settled. Either Brian Crower 268's or HKS 264's, im just waiting on the price difference. The pullies are going to have to be pipers as they are the only preformance part I can find a pair for for less than £200 The turbo housing is on the cards. Just need to decide if there is a difference between wither one of these...
My father bought me this as a daily driver when my Monte Carlo bent the valves (and also heavily urging me to get rid of the Monte). I call this Project Tupperware because it's a common nickname for Saturns here, due to the plastic dent-resistant body panels. My aunt even asked if I had to burp the sunroof when getting into it XD. A little background info on Saturn for you Europeans since they're North American Market only. Saturn was a project started by GM in the early 1980's. GM wanted to show they could make a high quality small car to take down the Japanese imports... something they weren't known for. The project started in 1982 as "Project Saturn". At the time it was just a code-name for the project. In 1985, GM Announced Saturn...
This is how the car started life with me. Standard except for exhaust and air filter Here’s a little moving of the car many moons ago. At the time she 297BHP http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/gbboldej/Skyline/?action=view&current=MOV01162.flv http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/gbboldej/Skyline/?action=view&current=MOV01160.flv Currently running 337BHP with 322lbs of torque but I do have plans for a big turbo conversion and the aim is 500BHP. I use her on track so I am not going to nuts with it as I want it to be drivable out of the bends. Apologies for the pictures they aren’t that great and I am trying to find a pro photographer who can get me some decent ones sorted so watch this space. Here is the spec but I...
Heres mine :) It's a 55 plate Saab 9-3 v6 Aero, ive had it just under 2 years now, haven't really touched it in the last 12 months but plan to get back at it this year (ive been a bit lazy compared to my old cars!) Here it was the day I collected it, completely standard. I dropped it off with the Saab garage same day for an oil change and fresh plugs ready for the remap booked for a couple days later Interior is pretty nice with grey leather & light grey leather inserts, dash is bit plasticky tbh but still a nice place to sit. Leagues ahead of my other Saabs for comfort & refinement.....but that Audio....terrible!! I've been in a few new shape 9-3's and all have sounded pretty bad. This has the full 13 speaker system and...
I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense as I've whipped it straight from another forum. I've been extremely quiet on this forum lately as I've been on PC2. So here goes; Ok, I got the car in April 2008, picked it up for £3,500 with one previous Lady owner. The car itself was in full working order apart from one of the washer jet hoses having a slight split in it, which caused a fault with one of the electronic fuel injectors by dripping water onto it. So first things first was to have that sorted. After that, you could tell the previous owner never really took any care for the way the car looked, scuffed wheels, dented doors, small scratches and never a polish since it left the show room! So first things first was Window...
Hi Guys, Thanks for all the kind coments and for making me feel so welcome, my plans for the car, ultimatley a DOHC VTEC transplant but thats for another day, i'm not really one for big ostentacious bodykits, i prefer the subtle approach so a set of 18"s (i know i said subtle but they won't fill the arches completely) and some lowering springs and shocks will be the first thing to do as she already has the look of the Type R minus the boot spoiler. then will come the big brake conversion but apart from that i will pretty much leave her looking stock Cheers Guys, progress will be slow but i will endeavor to keep you all updated Fatty
Well, i first saw this car way back in March, but didnt have the rather OTT money that was being asked for it (£3750). Fast forward to last month and i saw the car back up for sale at £2800.... Had an impulse moment and offered him my Corrado VR6 for it in a straight swap. Few emails and pictures etc exchanged, and a deal was arranged. When i first arrived to pick her up, she had no sideskirts on, the front arches were in white primer,and she had half an Audi S3 black leather an blue alcantara interior bodged in there. YUCK! I popped the bonnet and was immediately very disappointed in the general state of the engine bay. Surface rust everywhere, flaky paint on just about everything in there, wrong radiator fitted, lots...

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back